Sunday, February 13, 2011

Smile - It will make me happy!


So, I was reading through some of the blogs that I follow this morning and ran across Eyre's blog, A Reader's Journey. She discusses finding something positive about her life everyday and focusing on that. Even if there seems to be nothing good happening at the moment.

Well, I really like that idea. I tend to be pessimistic at best and down right depressed at worst everyday, especially lately. Therefore, I am going to try to find something positive to focus on each morning, whether I blog it or not. I ran across this quote from Groucho Marx and I think it sums up my thoughts(and Eyre's) pretty accurately.


"Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

- Groucho Marx



Here are few things that make me happy today:

1. My children(even when they are sick like today)
2. Being able to write
3. Great online friends
4. Random and unexpected emails

1 comment: